Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pauline

My grandmother is the toughest lady I know. She has survived breast cancer twice, the loss of her husband (her one and only love), a near death experience this time last year, and again just last week. The doctors said she was going to die and 48 hours later she was released to a nursing home. There is literally no stopping her. She is the definition of a trooper.

We went to visit her yesterday. I brought my camera because I realized I didn't have many photos of her. She really hates being photographed, but because of my job, I am getting much better at snapping those sneaky shots. She was so happy to see Sienna and Sienna was happy to see her. Best friends in the making, those two.

I also took some shots of her room. I believe that the way someone organizes their belongings and surroundings says a lot about them, even in an unfamiliar place. You will also see a photograph of her shirt. She always wears blouses and mostly with that kind of material. Clothing is an extension of one's self and the materials she chooses to wear are like memories to me. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but it means a lot to me.





























Copyright Alison Palizzolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment